[Advaita-l] A Brief Introduction to pUrva mImAmsA - 6 (Mantras)

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Oct 20 04:18:00 CDT 2005

Yajus are prose not poetry so they do not have a chanda per se (though we
say yajus as the chanda) but they do have rshi and Devata.  The rks of
course have all three.

sAshtAnga praNAMs Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Thanks for the clarification..Here in printed version of yajus rks we dont
find Rshi, dEvata & chandas as in Rig vEda rks.. .BTW how about the stories
behind shukla & krishna yajurvEda??  yAjnAvalkya vomitting vEda-s, pipIlika
birds eating those...etc.etc...

prabhuji, how do you pronounce *chaNdas* ...I have seen you have typed
*chanda* instead of chandas...here in south India we call it chaNdas not
chanda...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar