[Advaita-l] A Brief Introduction to pUrva mImAmsA - 6 (Mantras)

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Oct 19 05:10:42 CDT 2005

The Rig Veda is "older" in the sense that its contents were discovered
(seen) earlier. The law of gravity is "older" than the law of
relativity because Newton came before Eintein. It does not mean that
gravity is older than relativity!

praNAms prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Kindly bear with my ignorance...I am not clear here...do you mean to say
vEdA-s are propagating two different siddhAnta-s like relativity & gravity
here??  whatever siddhAnta is there Rig vEda can be found in other vEda-s
as well...dont we say that vEda-s advocating *yEkamEva satyaM*??
Considering this how can we say one is older to others with regard to
contents??  am I missing something here prabhuji?? pls. clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar