[Advaita-l] Shraadha & Reincarnation

Krunal Makwana krunalmakwana at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 4 07:13:49 CDT 2005

|| Namo Narayan ||

Dear Jaldharji,

I was performing 'Shraadha' today for my deceased father and i was confused
as to why i was doing it? Doesn't Hinduism believe in reincarnation, that
after the body dies the soul goes onto another body, with a different mann,
buddhi, cit and ahamkar?

Okay lets suppose that the mann, budhi, cit and ahamkar were the same in the
new body, but where is the link to the previous family, it doesn't have one,
as the soul has 'moved on' so to speak, so any attachment with the former is
not really there?

Another question arises, that we 'believe' that the pitru comes in the form
of a pashu namely birds, so does that mean that the atman comes in a less
statuse than human being meaning that it went backwards rather than evolving
again? what does the bird represent then? my father?

Please Jaldharji, these question may seem stupid but please answer this
question for me, a 21 year old samsaari seeking to attain true knowledge of
Vedanta.

Narayan,

Krunal Makwana
Hindu Youth UK