[Advaita-l] GITA - prathamo'dhyAyaH - part 1 (1.1 - 1.)

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 03:08:30 CST 2005

Namaste,

On 11/11/05, savithri devaraj <savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Namaste Sri Amuthan:
> There are a few instances in this message where
> duryodhana is mentioned as the narrator instead of
> Sanjaya, and droNa is mentioned as the listener
> instead of dhritarAshtra.(??)
> Savithri

 Actually Sanjaya is the ultimate(?) narrator to DhritarAShTra whereas
Duryodhana and others are the ones in the field talking among themselves.
Our purANas and itihAsAs have this feature of being narrated by innumerable
people. In the end it is vedavyAsa who actually puts it in readable form by
compiling them into the 18 purANas and mahabhArata or vAlmiki who composed
the ramAyaNa.
 Regards,
Abhishek

--
bhava Sankara deSika me saraNam

sadASiva samArambham SankaracArya madhymam
asmadAcArya paryantam vande guru paramparam