[Advaita-l] should we discuss adhyAya 1 verse by verse?

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:50:29 CST 2005

Dear Amuthan:

Thank you.

If you have time, please go over adhyAya 1 verse by verse. Most
commentators do not emphasize much on this chapter. But there is a
significant exception: Paramahansa Yogananda spends over 200+ pages on
1st chapter. His commentary is based on the teaching of his parama
guru lahiri mahASayA. They explore and explain the names in the first
chapter and related it to an inner principle, such dhR^itarAShTra as
blind mind, sanjaya as impartial introspection and so  on. His
commentary is from the point of view of Raja Yoga.

You will be able to get his 2-volume gItA commentary in Chennai. Hard
bound edition is 600 Rs. I do not know much the paper back version is.
You can see the book info at:

http://tinyurl.com/9tkjs

Ravi