Fwd: [Advaita-l] Query: Axioms of advaita

Aditya Varun Chadha adichad at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 01:58:52 CST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:37:32 +0530
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Query: Axioms of advaita
To: "praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com" <praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com>

Greetings Praveen ji,

Thank you for the information! It may sound naive but I did not know
of this final authority of Sruti. That makes perfect sense though,
Sruti is the basis of all philosophical commentaries after all. Well
that narrows it down to a few thousand vAkyas, lol:-) But you know
what, believe it or not you have just inspired me to start reading the
vedas! (till now I have only read some upaniSads and those too without
much discipline)

But you are probably right, it is probably quite impossible for me to
'minimalize' Sruti!! But maybe I'll try to see some things in Sruti
texts themselves that are inter-derivable. Thanks!

Aum.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:37:16 -0800, praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com

--
Aditya Varun Chadha