[Advaita-l] ADMIN: New Member: Sri Aditya Varun Chadha

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:28:26 CST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 01:08:07 +0530
Subject: Re: confirm 085555a38ec61e0c0e5cac7a10c173d9c343a6f1
To: listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

Namaste, Greetings.

My name is Aditya Varun Chadha, and I wish to subscribe to and
participate in the mailing list activities of advaita-vedanta.org. As
required for confirmation of subscription, what follows is a brief
personal introduction and a statement of interest in advaita vedAnta.

I am a 23 year old student and my permanent residence is in New Delhi,
India. The origin of my interest in the advaita tradition (besides the
obvious 'hindu' family background) can be traced back to my primary
school days where I belonged to the 'House' named after the great
advaitin, Sri SankarAchArya. I searched and found information about
this name when I was a small child, which at that time I did not
understand.

I have grown increasingly interested in the teachings of the specific
school of vedAnta, advaita. Even more specifically, I am most
interested in the concept of ajAtivAda as summarized on your web site.
This interest is induced mostly by a resonance in the ideas of Sankara
and my own spiritual quests and mental experience.

My current focus is on deep study and exploration of advaita along
with some other traditions like sufism, which I believe also has
elements that appeal to my nature.

In the welcome mail you mention that the list is NOT about the 'new
non-dual and neo-vedanta' teachings. I am not aware of these, but
request you to guide me to some sources where I can look for the
differences between these new teachings are the teachings of Sankara.

Sincerely,

Aditya
--
Aditya Varun Chadha