[Advaita-l] pArthiva- A year devoted to bhagavad gItA bhAShya discussion

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 18:52:52 CST 2005

Why restrict to only the gItA/gItA bhAShya for an entire year? I have
been concentrating on other works like the taittiriiya bhaashya and
the upadeshasaahasrii, and wouldn't be able to contribute anything for
an entire year, guaranteed. I am not sure if I will even be able to
benefit completely from the discussions because it will mean I have to
read the BG bhaaShya, for which I do not have the time right now. I
don't like the idea of leaving my studies of the other texts half way
and jumping on to something else. I think it would reduce the posts
from about 5 people at most.

The BG bhAshya is certainly an important text. But I don't see more
discussion on it by restricting posts on other texts. But, I do like
the idea of sticking to source texts - traditional advaitic texts. A
compromise is to to refer to the book and source text in each post.
Example panchadashii, chapter 10 verse xyz.
Thsi would get rid of much of the riff-raff.

Also I don't like the idea of not being able to ask questions on
things like vedic suuktams, etc. I ahve greatly benefitted from such
discusions.

Rama