[Advaita-l] shakti pithas

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jun 22 22:54:40 CDT 2005

[This message was sent to me off-list.  Please cc the author if you have
any response.]

Dear sadhakas/ Friends,

Let me Introduce as Kameswara Rao working presently at Gwalior as a
Scientist. When I am searching for Odayana pitham , I saw this vedanta
-advita mailing list and very much impreseed with the contents of the
messages and discussions. My self was a scholar since my child hood in
this field and I will be very much interested in sharing my ideas and
views with all of you. I had some information regarding this pithas and
please kindly check and confirm whether this information is correct or
not.

1. PURNAGIRI:  Purnagiri is 20 kms. from Tanakpur, 171 kms. from
Pithoragarh and 92 kms. from Champawat, if u see indian railway map, there
is a meter gauge railway station pilibhit abobe barilley, it is nearer to
that,.

NAYAMISARANYAM (Sadhana by saunkadi mahamuni's) is situated nearer to
sitapurcity which is near by Lucknow.

so one can combine the trips both sitapur and purnagiri

2. ODYNA : (ODYANA  PITHA NILAYA BINDU MANDALA VASINI)
As I saw on ur messages, exactly it is connecting to Ajna chakra only.
it is BIRAJA (DURGA) Temple at jaipur district in ORISSA.
Mother Goddess Biraja (Durga) is its presiding deity- The Baitaranai Kshetra-
Jaipur town is situated at a distance of 92 kms. form the silver city of Cuttack and 120 kms from the state capital, Bhubaneswar

3. JALANDHAR: PROBABLY VAJRESWARI TEMPLE AT KAGRA NAGARKOT- Himachal
pradesh (HP). It is one of the nine goddess in HP. As we have been there
in the last year.

4. KAMRUP: Kamakhkya, Guhwati, Assam.

With regards
M. Kameswara Rao