[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Yadu Moharir

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Jun 16 13:49:20 CDT 2005

My brief background:

I am scientist (Clinical Chemist) and have been is North America for over
28 years, but my umbilical is still attached to India.

I use to teach a Mc Master Medical College in Canada and then been in the
corporate positions in the pharmaceutical Industry. At present I work as a
consultant in Pharmaceutical and Nutritional Industry.

In 1996 I wrote a book "Significance of Shri Sukta: Laxmi's Invocation for
National Prosperity." It was forwarded by Prof. Shridhar Bhaskar Varnekar.
and I was then honored to be one of the key note speakers at the Jagatic
Rg Veda Conference in 1996 (Mumbai). Bharatiiya Vidya Bhavan, Sanskrit
Bhasha PrachaariNi sabhaa, Nagpur had also arranged several talks and
gathered one of the most Sanskrit Pandits for the discussion.

Most interesting aspect of the discussions was that all these scholars
agreed that their limitation is the grammar and thus results in literal
translation only and therefore rarely venture into understanding the
associated significance of these mantras with a objective mind.

  What I am trying to understand is very simple. "Our culture is so
profound, which I have no doubt, then why has my motherland suffered and
keeps on suffering?" Therefore I am trying to understand the significance
of our Vedic, rituals, Vedic literature, puraaNa…. etc.

My staff is Dirghattamaa's statement in R^igveda :

He talks about such significance -

R^ico axare parame vyoman yasmin devaa adhi vish{}ve niSheduH . yastanna
veda kimR^icaa kariShyati ya ittad vidusta ime samaasate ..R^i\. 1\.164\.39 ..

Ultimately, if you do not know what you say then what you say has little
or no meaning.

It woould be an honor to be on list with knowledgable colleagues.

Regards,

Dr. Yadu