[Advaita-l] Vishnu Suri - Rudram

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:20:39 CST 2005

Hello Ravi,

In actual chanting, very many times the anudaatta is indeed not
significantly different from the udatta even when chanted by competent
people. Only in slow chanting the difference can be clearly perceived.
It's not a defect of your ear or anything, but that's how it's
actually chanted :-). When a string of anudaattas occur, one of them
will be lower in tone than the others - sarvaanudaattaa. Even in fast
chanting this should be perceptible.

Rama