[Advaita-l] RE: Books by Ramesh S Balsekar

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:59:52 CST 2005

"Shankara in the prasthana traya bhashyas is establishing the tradition of
teaching Moksha. And to this tradition we give a name Advaita Vedanta. The
goal is Moksha and not Advaita Vedanta."

Very true. However if someone is teaching his own philosophy, why to name it
"Advaita Vedanta" to to add more confusion to already existing one? I have
attended Ramesh' lectures in Mumbai for over three years. I will not argue
about the merits or otherwise of his teachings, but certainly there is
nothing Advaita in his philosophy in the usual sense of Advaita. Use of term
"advaita" only serves to confuse spiritual novices like me.