[Advaita-l] RE: Vedic Shakhas for kshatriyas and vaishyas?

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 14:54:42 CST 2005

> Is there a permission that such brahmana can get
> into
> trade, law, medicine for earning living and compete
> with other communities ?

Baudhayana says that, if a Brahmin finds it impossible
to maintain by being an Acharya or a Purohita, he may
take to the livelihood of a Kshatriya or of that of a
Vaishya.
Hence, no harm I guess. I see no violation about a
Brahmin being a lawyer.

Baudhayana is definitely considered authoritative.

> But, we know he did not
> earn
> money based on that.

  He is a Sanyasin and ofcourse his Dharma differs.

 Rgds