[Advaita-l] Re: The Three Divine Qualities of an aspirant

Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [FI] sundararaman.v.subrahmanian at citigroup.com
Thu Feb 24 14:21:52 CST 2005

Dear Sri Sidha:

> "The elixir was brewed for the great father Dyau (the Heaven, the abode of
> Light) and was concealed. A tender, wise and shooter soul courageously
> shoots the arrow for it. And then the Divinity establishes its energy
> (Light) in its daughter" (Rig Veda 1-71-5)

> The Divinity is the Soul, the
> Spirit, and its daughter is the Buddhi, mind-intellect. That Supreme Soul
> establishes its light or energy into the intellect, so the intellect can
> realize the Soul and can become Self-enlightened.

Why is the language in the Vedas so hard to understand?  Are we finding it difficult because we are in Kali Yuga?  Why was the word buddhi not used directly?  Why should we call it daughter?  Is not the ultimate purpose to educate man with this knowledge?  Then one should expect it to be made easier for understanding, right?

If you have time, can you write on this?

SVS