[Advaita-l] Re: GITA - 2.16 : part 1

sthanunathan Ramakrishnan r_sthanu at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 04:13:16 CST 2005

First we define "unreal" quite differently from its
normal meaning, like say something that doesnt exist
or something that isnt perceived at all times. An
example of an unreal object would be, to use a
familiar example, say a hare's horn.

  Now with this new definition of unreal, we find that
the world and pretty much everything we know becomes
"unreal". And then we go on and say that there is
something beyond this definition of "unreal" and call
that "real".

  The other schools of philosophy dont agree with our
definition of "unreal" and assert that all are real,
even though they may be changing in form, with space
and time.

  Is it just a definition issue. What makes this
definition of "unreal" superior to the other.

regards
Sthanu