[Advaita-l] GITA - 2.14

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at yahoo.co.in
Thu Dec 8 19:32:00 CST 2005

Yes, Lord krishna was 89 years old as per the Matsya purana when the war took place.

Krishnan Sundaresan <krish.sundaresan at gmail.com> wrote:  On 12/8/05, sunil bhattacharjya  wrote:

>  Moreover Arjuna was in  his early seventies at that time and Lord krishna
> was seventy  nine  years old.

I was wondering about your source for the above statement and also its
relevance to Arjuna being an uttamadhikari for receiving instruction of the
gItA. Surely age is not the primary criterion to be ready to receive
instruction on Vedanta.

Apologies for going off-topic. The Mahabharatha chronology of Dr. Patnaik
(Google's cache of the page is
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:8dcxEBRzR_YJ:madhva.org/vms_mi/htm/Mahabharatha.htm+arjuna+age+mahabharatha&hl=en)
seems to suggest that Arjuna was about 89 years age when the war started.

Regards
-Krishnan

--
Krishnan Sundaresan, http://www.msu.edu/~sundare2
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48823, USA.

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org