[Advaita-l] Mahanyaasam in Devanagari lipi

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:22:36 CDT 2005

Hi Ravi,

Try the mahaanyaasam book by Anna Subramanian, published by RK Mutt.
It's got its share of printing errors, but if your vaadhyaar knows the
svaras off the top off his head he can correct it for you.

I use my book in grantha lipi, which has no svara errors. If you don't
know grantha lipi, I strongly suggest you learn it. If you do know it
already let me know, I can xerox the pages for you.

I am in the middle (or rather, end) of putting the mahaanyaasam in
devanaagarii lipi. It has been an ongoing project for almost a year
now. I have to typeset just a few more mantras. I hope to get it done
within a month or so and make it available to the general public. I am
paranoid about svara errors, so I am hesitant to relase it without
proper proof reading. I am using the Baraha software, so the
samyutaakShara support is somewhat limited. Unfortunately, this is a
problem with all other Windows sanskrit software also. In retrospect,
I would rather use Wikners skt pre-processor.

Rama