[Advaita-l] Moksha

arun nair arun103 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 04:25:58 CDT 2005

Dear List Members,

Hari Om,

I attended a satsang conducted by the Dada Bhagwan group. They believe
that exhaustion of all our sanceti karmas accumulated over a number of
lives will take a long timeand by the touch of a Gyani purush we can
burn the sanceti karmas in his Gyan agni.

In advaita my understanding is that avidya is the reason for our
identification with the body and mind which is beginningless and
innate in us, which makes us perform actions as the doer and the
knower which results in more karmas. The ultimate aim is to remove
this ignorance and realise Brahman. The accumulated vasanas have to be
exhausted by us and that a Realised soul cannot really burn the
sanceti karma accumulated in us and has to be burnt in the Knowledge
of the Self experienced by the sadhak.

Is my understanding correct. Pls guide.

regards

arun