[Advaita-l] Is Universe Finite or Infinite?

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Fri Apr 29 10:44:32 CDT 2005

Dear Members
As per Bhagavatham the created Universe is finite only.In Thrivikrama Avatharam of Lord Maha Vishnu the entire universe has been measured by Him by just two steps of Him in His Vishva rupam and He asked Great Mahabali where to measure the third step.So it follows the entire manifested /created universe is finite and God is Infinite.I think we are calling a quantity as infinite if we coulld not measure it by known scales.For an ant the earth may appear as infinite.By the same scale for man the universe may appear infinite.Infinite means limitless say it is greater than the greatest.So God alone can be greater than the greatest-Mahatho Mahanam.All others are finite only.Something like Sat and Asat.Scientifically we can say Space is infinite.
R.Krishnamoorthy.