[Advaita-l] Re: Universe finite or infinite?

Slowfork at aol.com Slowfork at aol.com
Sat Apr 16 12:55:52 CDT 2005

Dear Badisa and group

My "example from mathematics" was not given to prove the infinite nature of
the universe - which it could not possibly do - or even to add weight to the
idea that it is infinite. On the question of the infinitude of the universe I am
actually agnostic. I gave it merely as a second illustration of the fact that
it is still possible to meaningfully refer to a quarter of "something" even
if that something is infinite. Furthermore that this is true not merely for
physical somethings but for abstract ones as well.

Hari Om

Roger