[Advaita-l] Re: Created universe-finite or infinite?

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 11:40:50 CDT 2005

>Badisa: As per modern Astronomy, the universe is expanding. Only a finite thing can expand
>and grow. Thus, universe is finite.

Not necessarily. What people know is that our universe is expanding.  No one ruled out the existence of other universes. They are taken as a possibility these days.

>Let us see what Gita 10/42 says. Lord Krishna here says that the whole created universe >represents his one part. We do not know how many such parts exist.

At more than one place it is said that all this represents one fourth of the purusha. If purusha is infinite, so must be a quarter of the purusha.