[Advaita-l] Karmas and Kali yuga

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Apr 8 15:44:42 CDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [FI] wrote:

> atyutkaTaiH pApaiH (puNyaiH) ihaiva phalam ashnute |
>
> One gets the results of one's actions in the same birth for both merits and demerits
> (if they are) of a very high order.  (Origin not known to me - heard from elders).

This question comes up in the Mimamsa sutras in the context of the Vedic
description of a 1000 year sattra (sacrificial session)  What is the point
of starting an act which will not be completed in your own lifetime?  The
conclusion that is arrived at is that the effects of karma last beyond the
physical body.