[Advaita-l] Re: Newton's "laws"

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:14:58 CDT 2004

>>It is proved that Gaudapaada knew a more generic form of Newton's laws at
>>least 8 centuries before Newton.

Apologies for my provocative wording. That was not meant to understate
Gaudapada's teaching.
My intention was to state that Acharya's teachings were capable of
explaining the jagat, otherwise BTW how could the teachings help us to get
rid of it?

>I didn't examine your proof since the thesis itself is
>useless according to me. It subscribes once again to
>the stupid Indian habit of satisfying the ego by
>chanting "My country WAS good".

I think it is a good habit. You should read Douglas Hofstadter's book
"Godel, Escher, Bach". Hofstadter picks up ancient Greek stories and
shamelessly reads all kinds of modern subjects like computer sciences,
genetics, etc in them. The whole of western civilization adores his book
which had won Pulitzer prize.

Considering that ancient Indian works are a million times more generic and
deeper and you should re-evaluate your statement.

>Whatever it is, note that no proof is needed for the
>fact that it is Newton's laws which give anna to more
>people today than Gaudapaada's, even if his findings
>anticipated Newton's. Gaudapaada's laws might have
>helped many obtain mukti or bhikShA, but not anna.

Newton's mathematics was mached by our mathematicians
from kerala and other places.

http://www-history.mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk/history/Projects/Pearce/index.html

The last five centuries of colonialization destroyed our mathematics.
The divergence right started after birth of East India company.

BTW, the annam you get from Newton's laws is limited.
The annam derived from asparsha yoga is limitless.

Best regards
Bhadraiah