[Advaita-l] Devi Mahatmya -- introduction

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Oct 17 23:20:32 CDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> hariH Om !!
>
> In the Devi Mahatmya book that is published by
> Ramakrishna Matha, the three stutis are not there.

Was this book published in Bengal?  In the course of researching this
topic, I've noticed many discrepancies between printed texts of the
mahatmya and not all of them can be explained by printer errors.
Apparently there are several seperate recensions of the text.

> Would you please let me know if these are available on
> line.

Well I have transcribed them to ITRANS format and posted them today.
Sorry I couldn't get it to you in time but remember as the
aparadhakshmapana stotra says, the merciful Mother always forgives our
weaknesses.