[Advaita-l] How to get an hindu name?

María Dickson mad574 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 11 09:02:21 CST 2004

Dear members

I see that almost every member of this list have hindu
names. I don‘t know if you all are from hindu families
but my question is simply: How could an occidental
woman, without any drop of hindu blood in her veins
but full of hinduism in her heart, get an hindu name?
I don‘t know why, but I feel myself in a wrong place
with a wrong name. And as in my country there is not a
significant hindu community (there is a lot of “new
age” pseudo hinduism), you are my only group of
reference.

Thank you very much.

Om Namo Narayanaya!