[Advaita-l] The liberated souls and Brahmaloka

Ramesh Badisa badisa55 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:10:21 CST 2004

>What this adhikarana of the Brahmasutras is trying to show is that
>kramamukti is not a merging into Saguna Brahman followed by a merging
>into Nirguna Brahman at the pralaya.  Because Saguna Brahman is not a
>seperate
>entity just the partial, visible aspect of the one Brahman.  The liberated
>atma may attain superhuman powers but it does not become Ishvara Himself.

The liberated souls at Brahma Lok will get all lordly powers, except the
power to create and to dissolution of universe, (Brahma Sutra, IV.4.17). I
have doubt here. Is this situation, where the liberated souls are distinct
from divine and have all lordly powers, last till the time of pralaya only?
If yes, then it makes sense that after merging in divine the liberated soul
becomes divine itself with unlimited powers.