[Advaita-l] Vasanas

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jul 19 23:21:21 CDT 2004

1) Yes you are correct about vAsana-s being dormant in the state of
sushupti
(deep sleep). Because here the antaHkaraNa is in seed form. See
vivekachuuDamaniH verses(122-123).

praNAm prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Shruti says, in our deep sleep state, we will be in our true nature
(kEvalAtma svarUpa).  If we say in that state we've antaHkaraNa / jagat is
in seed form...does it not mean that in Atman there is some division & in
that jagat is in seed form??  It is said that after the dawn of ultimate
knowledge there is no jagat as such outside us & Atman is the only reality.
If that is the real state of ours, how can it be said that in Atman jagat
will be there in seed form in sushupti??
pls. clarify.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar