RES: [Advaita-l] Re: Tantra

latha vidya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 30 01:14:07 CST 2004

Martone <martone at terra.com.br> wrote:

Namaste,

I learned to see this point about killing the brothers and the elders in
Gita in a symbolical way. In fact, the Gita doesn´t mean to really kill the
relatives but the relatives are a symbol for our bad habits and "defects" of
the ego. It is called "brothers and elders" because our "defects" of ego (
greed, lust, vanity, selfishness) are so dear to us, that killing them hurts
as if we were killing our brothers and elders.

Greetings to all.

Cecilia

Cecilia,

You have given a very wonderful, simple explanation. Thanks.

Namaste,

Latha Vidyaranya

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.