[Advaita-l] Shankara Bhashyas

S Venkatraman svenkat52 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 09:05:17 CST 2004

Namaste,

Thanks to the discussions on this list, recently I discovered the excellent translation of Gita Bhashya by Shri Krishna Warrier. Previously I was referring to only the translation by Swami Gambhirananda. I will not say that one translation is better than the other; both are equally good. But what I find in the past few days I have been reading Shri Warrier's translation is that reading both the translations unlocks the meaning of the Gita Shlokas much better than what each individually could do. So my question to the respected members is, 'Has Shri Warrier translated Shankara bhashyas on Upanishads and Brahma Sutras as well?'. If not, are there translations other than that of Swami Gambhirananda (which alone I now have) of Brahma Sutra and Upanishad Bhashyas?.

Many thanks and pranams,
Venkat - M