[Advaita-l] Re: Some questions

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 12:41:50 CST 2004

Krishna, I presume you are a member of adviataL list and not advaitin
list.  I am posting your mail assuming the moderators of both lists do
not object. Restrictions were imposed by the moderators of both lists to
make sure that the discussions are centered on the advaita rather than
getting sidetracked to other mata-s.  Some of these aspects related to
suShupti were discussed recently by Shree Ananda Wood from the point of
Shree Atmaanandaji analysis. Those files can be obtained from archives
of the advaitin list, if you are a member.

If anyone wants to respond to Shree Krishna's request, one can do so
directly to his address or at least include  his address for him to
receive the response.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

--- Krishna K <nomadeva at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Sadananda garu,
>
> I attempted to post this on the advaita list, but for some reason the
> posting is not reaching the list, though I am a member. I'd be
> grateful
> if you can forward it to the list.
>
> Thanks,
> KK
> ----
>
> Namaste,
>
> I have a couple of questions re jIvanmukti. I'd be thankful for any
>
> 1. Can jIvanmukti happen to a person in any state other than the
> waking
> one? In svapnAvastha? In suShupti?
>
> 2. How does advaita analyse the state of mUrchChA when one is not
> conscious of oneself? In particular, does avidyA have its effect then?
> If not, then isn't this state the closest to (or as same as) the final
> state? Agreed that there isn't any self-realization per se, but isn't
> it that self-realization is needed only when avidyA seems to have its
> effect?
>
> Thanks,
> Krishna

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.