[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 9, Issue 7

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 12:51:57 CST 2004

>>> It cannot be considered so if your conception of liberation is >different. The spirit souls are eternal parts and parcels of Krishna (BG >15.7) and in their liberated state they are situated in Krishna's service. >That is their natural constitutional and liberated position. The >conception of "I am the servant of Krishna" is real ego while the >conception of "I" or "I'm the enjoyer or God" is the false ego, which has >to be given up. The tendency to serve is always there with the living >entity, and this is also reflected in this material world - but, only when >the living entity serves the Supreme it receives complete satisfaction, >because that is his natural activity.

A conception of being a servant of some entity, however great or good that entity may be, can never be called liberation. Slavery or bondage may be the more appropriate word for that state. We dont need to break our heads to figure this out, because it is simple common sense. The tendency to be free is the more natural tendency of living entities that I know. Indians, for instance, wanted freedom from British rule. As regards the tendency to serve, that may be the natural tendency of masochists, but advaita is for rational and sane people.