[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 9, Issue 4

Aravind Mohanram psuaravind at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 13:58:14 CST 2004

Dear SriKrishna,

Please show one proof, when I said that ISKCON's philosophy is paramount and Advaita philosophy is not correct and I'll be happy to stop. I have always said that "this is according to Vaishnavas" rather than giving any personal opinion. I'm only replying to the emails that are being addressed to me on the topic concerned. Otherwise, I have posted only one email on my own inquiring in a civilized way as to how one should approach Gita Bhasya which has actually led to some interesting discussions by learned members. On the other hand, different members on this forum have tried to attribute statements that I haven't really made. If the desire of members on this forum is purely to discourage/misrepresent people of different philosophical leaning from posting, why even keep this forum open to non-advatins.  And, why even give speculative answers to questions like what does Hare Krishna mean? my desire is only to learn the philosophy of advaita through a proper forum, but whenever
 there is
 speculation by members on non-advaitin teachings, expect some fireworks, if you desire to keep the forum open to everyone.

Thanks.

Aravind.

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram <srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com> wrote:
hariH Om !!

Group Moderators:

To a limited extent this discussion was OK. But, now
with this continuous refutation and persistance of Sri
Aravindan to insist that ISKCONs view of God and
liberation is the paramount, and Advata philosophy is
not correct, I feel irritated. Specially because he is
not a scholar of Advaita Vedanta texts. Probably,
there will be many more who feel the same way.

When I feel I have no other way, I will learn all
those details from ISKCONs website. For now, can we
stop this ISKCON propaganda.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna

--- Aravind Mohanram
wrote:

> Namaste,
>
> I have no intention to interfere in this serious
> discussion, but just want to share a thought.
>
> Persistence of individuality neither guarentees
> independance nor freedom from bondage to the notion
> of "I" ness and so cannot be considered to be a
> state of liberation.

> liberation is different. The spirit souls are
> eternal parts and parcels of Krishna (BG 15.7) and
> in their liberated state they are situated in
> Krishna's service. That is their natural
> constitutional and liberated position. The
> conception of "I am the servant of Krishna" is real
> ego while the conception of "I" or "I'm the enjoyer
> or God" is the false ego, which has to be given up.
> The tendency to serve is always there with the
> living entity, and this is also reflected in this
> material world - but, only when the living entity
> serves the Supreme it receives complete
> satisfaction, because that is his natural activity.
>
> Aravind.

> Need assistance? Contact:

Need assistance? Contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org