[Advaita-l] Panchanga Computed for Various Cities

M. S. Ravisankar ravi at ambaa.org
Wed Feb 4 20:19:31 CST 2004

Latitude will affect the sun rise and set times, thereby influence the
determination of tithi of the day. There are some rules and some differences
on how tithis such as ekadashi are determined (between smarthas and
vaishhnava-s). Our definition of day (vaara) runs from sun rise to next sun
rise.

Besides, southern hemisphere will have lot of things different, things such
as  R^itu will be not be same (our winter is their summer) and also the
effect of uttarayana and daxinayana will be different. I dont know how these
things are reconciled.

My 2c. Ajit Krishnan and Anand Hudli can add more on this.

Ravi