[Advaita-l] Rudra Ekadasani,Mahaanyasam

Paddy(Anantha) Padmanabhan Paddy.Padmanabhan at oracle.com
Wed Dec 29 19:47:30 CST 2004

We are planning Rudra Ekadasani at the Hindu Temple of Ottawa duing this 'Chaturmaasya Vradham' period on Aug14, to complete our annual Rudra PArayana Yagnam done every week and on all Krishnapaksha Pradosham during the year.
It is a community event and many would love to understand in detail the significance of the Rudra Ekadasani, the Mahaanyaasam chanted before the Rudra Japam. I appreciate an erudition from the advaita-vedanta list scholars, about the RudraEkadasani, the vasordhara homam at the end with the 346 desires for vedic dharmic life enunciated in Chamakam, the Hamsa dhyanam and the Rowdhreekaranam in Mahaanyaasam, the benefits to the seekers in various stages and the grahasthas in the community by this aahuthi and homam.

Based on our humble knowledge, We have done a brief write-up based on the siginificance of Rudroupanishad having its place in the center of the Agni Kaand of the Yajur veda and the significance of the 'PAnchakshara mantra' in its mid anuvakam, the significance of Rudram explained in Kaivalyaupanishad. We feel that we need to reach this out to the many who want to know and seek the Lord's blessings.

thanks
Padmanabhan