[Advaita-l] Importance of Peethams

subu ssiyer at wertj.com
Sun Apr 11 11:34:54 CDT 2004

Namaskaram,

Please condone me if my questions are stupid.

Did Dwaitha or any or philosophy existed before Advaitha. I Presume Advaitha
must have contended Dvaitha thats why it is a A-Dvaitha. If other phil
existed where/who are their followers ( I clearly understand that Ramanuja
and Madvacharya Phil are later to HH Sri Sankara. SO my question doesnot
include the works of Ramanuja and Madvacharya )

The philosphies by Madwacharya  and Ramanuja; how well are these debated
before acceptance. Note :People following is not an acceptance as follower
Ramanuja/Madvacharya/HH-Sri-Sankara dosnot mean they understood the
philosophy. In the case of HH Jagadguru Sri Sankara we are all aware(Books)
of the debates he won for Advaitha.

Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya Sankara.

Subramanian Sahasranamam