[Advaita-l] Saying abhivAdanam

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Apr 9 00:52:04 CDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, M. S. Ravisankar wrote:

> Sending this via e-mail (I have sent mine to a dozen or more in the past,
> when I did not know) is not correct. You can simply say my gotra is such and
> such if some one asks you casually.

abhivandana via email seems ok to me if it is one on one.  I agree it
should not be said to a group.  But if something has been done
wrong inadvertantly rather than out of malice Bhagavan will forgive it. So
I think those of us who are Brahmanas should (mentally) wish Subrahmanya
"AyuShmAna bhava saumya" ("May you have long life dear one", which is how
I was told to do prativandana.)