[Advaita-l] Is Knowledge result of Prabdha karma ??

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 18:49:09 CST 2003

The karma kaanda is rejected with the statement of upanishad "na
karmaNaa...".  Shankara emphasizing that kartrutva bhaava on the part of
jiiva is itself a notional due to adhyaasa, upadesha sahasri sloka has
to be interpreted appropriately in tune with the advaitic concepts that
Knowledge itself is eternal and undifferentiated and cannot be the
result of an action which is finite and temporal.

Hari Om!
Sadananda