Dvaita and Sophistry - Part 2(Reality and Unreality)

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 12 11:07:17 CST 2003

Namaskaaram,

TO MY FELLOW ADVAITINS

Now we all Advaitins, know that Maya is anirvachaniya, as it is neither
real, nor unreal, nor both real and unreal, nor neither of the two. But you
see, a Dvaitin boasts of something called *valid perception* and says that
there can be only two things, real or unreal. Please allow me to take the
pleasure of exposing the sophistry behind these arguments.

In the Part 1, we have already seen that prameya#3 collapses. Now we will
take a look at prameya#3 again.

The pseudo-logical web-site www.dvaita.org claims that the entities being
real the differences are also real.

QUESTION 1.
What if one of the entities in unreal and the other is real?

ANSWER 1.
Why should I answer this question?

QUESTION 2.
How else will you differentiate the real and unreal? If you cannot answer
this question, then the difference between the real and unreal is not
addressed and so Dvaita can be thrown into the dustbin. No more boastings of
Dvaita being a complete or logical philosophy.

ANSWER 3.
OK. OK. I say the difference between the real and unreal is inherent to the
entity.

QUESTION 4.