[Advaita-l] Recent debates

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jun 25 23:43:11 CDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Guru Venkat wrote:

> Namaste Sri SVS,
>  Thanks for your mail. It's quite informative for a beginner like me.
> Is there anywhere in the web I can find Sri Sankara's commentary on Kena
> Up ?  I found a good web site called vidyavrikshah who have given a
> wonderful word by word translation of the Upanishads. But unfortunately
> they have not put the Acharya's commentary in the web site.

I think it is at the Sanskrit documents site http://sanskrit.gde.to/ but
if you are a beginner it won't necessarily do you any good.  What Kartik
said about the Brahmasutras goes double for the Upanishads.

> Also, is
> there any order in which to approach the Upanishads ? ( the principal
> ones ).

One should first learn the upanishad(s) that belong to ones shakha.

> Best Regards
> Guruprasad Venkat
>  P.S. Is there any way that I can just click and send messages ? I had
> to do a cut and paste to get this message ? Thanks

You are viewing the archives through the web?  Unfortunately there is no
way to directly respond from there.  But this is a mailing list.  You
signed up with an email address and you should be receiving mails to that
account.  Email listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org if you need help.