[Advaita-l] Dvaita's wrong knowledge

Nagarjuna Siddhartha nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 17:15:38 CDT 2003

Namaste,

This is going to be my last mail in this list before I unsubscribe.

If indeed someone is having me in mind as the buddhist who is trying to intrude into this list, they can refer to my mails and find out whether I was assailing or defending advaita. But you people have made a valid point. It is indeed surprising that the moderators who I suppose, must be eminent advaitins have not come in the defence of advaita when it is being assailed.

Also, I think no decent or sensible person would like to assail the position of  advaita in an advaita forum, primarily because, apart from scholars, one also finds a lot of amateurs in a list and these people might get confused.

I suggest that those rival school scholars and big logicians who want to have an all-out debate on advaita, go on and take some eminent advaitins(of whom there is no shortage) rather than try to exhibit their skills in this list which does have a lot of amateurs.

However, since there are people here, who cannot tell attack from defence, I dont want to be an irritation in this list. So I am bowing out of this list.

Gummuluru Murthy <gmurthy at morgan.ucs.mun.ca> wrote:

namaste shri Anand,

You have made a very valid point. The moderators of the List
are conspicuous by their absence and, in my view, are doing
a dis-service to the List, a List which says it is following
shri shankara's philosophy. While shri shankara's teachings
are maligned and thrown dirt all over, the List moderators
allow these postings without even a whimper. I recall
days when moderators used to intervene saying such and
such posts are not allowed because they do not follow
shri shankara's philosophy. To say that the dvaita
follows shruti and hence these posts are allowed (shri
jaldhar's feeble recent justification for allowing these
posts) may be justifiable (i) if there is active point-by-point
debate by learned scholars on both sides, *and* (ii) if
the List mandate is amplified that such debates are allowed,
*and* (iii) if such debate serve the needs of the List members
as per the moderators' judgement.

I personally felt the last three weeks of debates a huge noise
and a waste of time for everyone and specially for me.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy

Need assistance? Contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org