[Advaita-l] Neha nAnAsti kimchana

Nagarjuna Siddhartha nagarjunasiddhartha at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 16:30:50 CDT 2003

>The reality of Brahman need not negate the reality of the
>world.
>But in advaita, Brahman is the only reality, and Jagat is
>mithyA.
That should not be a problem because mithya is not treated like crocodile's wings.

>You are equating "mithyA of advaita" with
>"world is absolutely dependent on Brahman of dvaita"
>and then saying I am loudly proclaiming advaita.

I have nothing to do with dvaita. I am just responding to your mails assailing the advaitic position. If you say that the world is absolutely dependant on brahman then you are inherently denying the separate self-nature of the world. That is close enough to advaita.

Jay Nelamangala <jay at r-c-i.com> wrote:
brahman. For when you say that the world is
absolutely dependant on brahman, then you are forced
to conclude that the world has no separate
self-nature. Thus by proclaiming the absolute
dependance of the world on brahman, you are loudly
proclaiming advaita.