[Advaita-l] Causal Body

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 06:45:32 CDT 2003

Srikrishana

Thanks for the information.

In both cases the consciousness has to illumine, like the light illuming
the stage.  In that sense even the sense perception is supported by mind
and mind supported by the illuminating factor - which can be called
witness consciousness. This is what in a way Jay is implying as saakshee
A or D.  But there is no direct perception without the upaadhi-s - that
is the mind and senses, except in one case. That is consciousness is
swayam jyotiH - it is self-luminous - That all aacharyaa-s agree. na
tatra suuryo bhaati ... sloka tell us the essence of that operation.

Mind can recollect from memory which occurred earlier from memory but
those could be either sense perception or based on sense perceptions
(i.e inferential data).

Modern relativistic theory comes close to the advaitic theory as you
pointed out earlier.  After all the objective study is nothing but
understanding Brahman only since there is nothing other than Brahman.
Samanvaya has to be correctly understood. It includes shRuti, yukti and
anubhava the whole package.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

--- Srikrishna Ghadiyaram <srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hari Om !!
>
> Today I was listening to Swami Dayananda and he
> mentioned Pratyaksha Pramana is two kinds. 1. Sense
> Perception 2. Witness perception which includes
> perceptions of mental emotions and Time and Space.
>
> So, based on the above definition Time and Space are
> not axiomatic knowledge.
>
> Om Namo Narayanaya !!
>
> Srikrishna

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.