[Advaita-l] Causal Body

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Thu Jun 5 09:33:25 CDT 2003

Dear SadAnanda,

Still you have not answered my question which I will repeat again
So, if you think you don't need sAkshee-D,  let us know
the apparatus that you use to distinguish between true and false
knowledge-A.

I expect an answer from you, before answering your flood of questions.

> How does each saakshee evaluate the knowledge of that particular brain
> is correct knowledge or incorrect knowledge? If two saakshees  evaluate
> (assuming that they have a means for evaluation) a given knowledge each
> in their own way which is the correct and which is incorrect knowledge
> here.

sAkshee is chEtana-svaroopa.  My school accepts gradations in
chEtana-svaroopas. So although in the case of  "vritti-jnAna" of a loukika
thing such as a jar,   we are all same,  when it comes to the knowledge of
Parabrahman, this gradation does matter.  A higher "soul"  becomes Guru
and a lower "soul" becomes his student.   So, knowledge-D flows from
Guru to student, and as parama-chEtana,  Parabrahman is the Highest Guru
for all.

Now, look at knowledge-A.   There can be no Guru,  no shishya,  because all
are
the same One undifferenciated Brahman.  There is nothing to be taught,
because
Parabrahman is beyond all notions.