[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 1

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Mon Jun 2 22:11:16 CDT 2003

> >But  SriKrishna has already rejected it by saying
> >avyaktam vyaktimaapannam manyante maam abudhdhayaha || 7.24 ||
> >Only the un-intelligent think that I have manifested from the
Unmanifested
> >impersonal Brahman.
>
> Hold on, you just said that in chapter 12, avyakta is cit-prakRti. Why are
> you inconsistent? Suddenly, in 7.24 you want to take avyakta as
> "Unmanifested impersonal Brahman". Why don't you take avyakta in 7.24 also
> as prakRti?

Because,  SriKrishna is explicitly saying "mAm".  so, how can anyone take
avyakta to be prakrti in 7.24 ?.   So, in 7.24 it refers to Sri Krishna
only.

"avyakta nidhanAnyEva tatra kA paridEvanA".
Here avyakta neither refers to SriKrishna nor to chit-prakrti,  but only to
jeevas.
Whoever told you that  'avyakta' always should refer to chit-prakrti only?

Pl. do not argue with me for the sake of arguing.
With all the shAstraic knowledge that you have,  I am sure you knew this
one.
With all the advaita knowledge you know,  probably you are also aware
of the fact that,  Geetha  probably is the most difficult one to interpret
from
an advaita standpoint.

> >So,  what do you think  this avyaktaa  is?  if it is not chit-prakrti or
> >Shree- tattva.
>
> You tell me. You take it as two different things in two different places
in
> the same text.

Why only  two?  I just showed you three different things represented by
'avyakta'
based on the context in which that word appears in the Geeta.

I have already given my answer.  It is your turn now.