[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 1, Issue 32

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 13:44:29 CDT 2003

Hari Om !!

--- Jay Nelamangala <jay at r-c-i.com> wrote:

> So, why start with conclusions from any single
> school of thought
> and call it vEdAnta.
>
> Instead,  take any of the above concepts,  and show
> where and why
> prasthAna-traya contradicts that idea.

I would think it is a matter of convenience,
convention, and giving the opponent an idea of what is
to come. If you truly do not subscribe to any of the
established schools, then you can say I have a 'new
school' or my views are based on so-and-so with some
reservations on specific topics. Do you think it will
help the conversation or not.

> Anyway, since you asked,   I belong to a school of
> thought where
> parabrahman is considered  jnEya,  gamya and the The
> Highest Teacher.

For my infinitesimally small knowledge, I can not make
much out of the above statement. Hope it helps Sri
Vidyasankar. For my better understanding if you can
articulate your views on fundamental issues of jiva,
jagat, Isvara, Brahman and tell me also how it differs
from known Advaita, Dvaita, Visishtadvaita views that
will help.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna