[Advaita-l] Harmony with Saguna Nirguna and other issues

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 24 02:20:52 CDT 2003

Superior/inferior is the wrong way of looking at it.  You should instead
think about what it is you are trying to do.  Our shastras speak of
nirguna Brahman because that is the truth.  All gunas are superimpositions
upon the true Self.  But they also speak of saguna Brahman hen it is
appropriate.

>  praNAm prabhuji
>  Hare Krishna

>  prabhuji, is the saguNOpAsana prescribed for manda & madhyama
adhikAris?? why I am asking this question is shankara in his sUtra bhAshya
talks about adhikAra bhEdha of spiritual aspirants.  Moreover, shankara
elsewhere in his bhAshya clearly says that parabrahman conditioned by name
& form set up by avidyA becomes Ishvara or saguNa brahman just as universal
ether limited as it were by jars, pots etc.  Your comments prabhuji.