[Advaita-l] Arjuna's paramArtha jnAna

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 3 08:02:20 CDT 2003

praNAm prabhujis
Hare Krishna

I have a serious (you may call it mischievous) doubt here. My question is,
in gIta,  even after krishna's valiant effort to enlighten arjuna through
17 chapters (krishna's upadEsha starts from II chapter) & from 650 & odd
shlokas (leave sanjaya uvAcha, arjuna uvAcha etc.), arjuna again deluded by
the influence of kAla & dEsha & succumbed to ahankAra mamakAra when he
fought with babruvAhana (arjuna-chitrAngada's son) & tAmradhvaja &
hamsadhvaja during ashvamEdha digvijaya yAtra (post kurukshEtra era).  Is
all krishna's efforts in vain??  looks like naughty question, but we have
to think it over seriously is it not??  There is no guarantee that we will
attain permanent jnAna even it is received from vEda puruSha?? What are
your thoughts on this prabhujis??

I know I may get the replies like *first think about yourself* then you
analyse  whether arjuna was a jnAni or not, etc.  But I am very specific
here to get the meaningful answer.  Kindly help me.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar