Nisargadatta Maharaj

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 30 21:40:44 CST 2003

Namaste,

--- Bhadraiah Mallampalli <vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Theory & practice is another dualism.
>
> In Ch.U.7.1 Narada goes to Sanatkumaara and says "I
> have learnt Rgveda, etc,
> but I am still sorrowful, teach me". To this
> Sanatkumaara replies "All these
> are merely names. Meditate on Name (naama). Name
> indeed is Brahman".

I am glad you quoted this. I have often wondered if
there are any scriptural injunctions about naama
sankIrtana and naama japa. In bhagavad gIta also, I
recollect bhagavaan saying "yagyAnAm japayagyosmi..."
in chapter 10, but don't recollect anything more on
this form of upAsana.

Are there any more?

Savithri