Statements in our shastras

Malolan Cadambi cadambi at HOTPOP.COM
Mon Feb 10 12:54:38 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "ravi chandrasekhara" <vadhula at YAHOO.COM>

> Dear members,
>
> I picked up some English translations of quotes from
> our shastras; do they actualy say this or are these
> mistranslations:

Here is one interesting incident which you might want to read about:

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/sep96/0086.html

There are many good articles in the Bhakti List on 'varna' and 'dharma'. You
might want to key in both words in the search engine on that site.

Adi Shankara deals with these 'contradictions' in manIshA panchakam. From my
readings of Madhusudhana Saraswathi's commentary on the Bhagavad Gita, MS
opines that when two dharma-sastra-s are in conflict, reason prevails.

Regards,

Malolan Cadambi