[Advaita-l] Advaitasiddhi - A Critical Study

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Dec 18 08:19:07 CST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Ranjeet Sankar wrote:

> Namaste,
>
> I would like to know if any respected member in this list has read the
> book "Advaitasiddhi- A Critical Study" by K. Maheswaran Nair.

Don't bother, it is fairly useless.  The author doesn't go into much
detail about the specific contents of the advaitasiddi and most incredibly
for a "critical study" does not describe the challenging arguments of the
Dvaitin Vyasatirth which prompted the writing of Advaitasiddhi in the
first place.

Unfortunately, a good study or translation of the advaitasiddhi in English
doesn't seem to have been written yet.  You might like to search the
archives of this list for some articles by Anand Hudli on this subject.